We are part of a network of churches called the Evangelical Covenant Church. We are Evangelical in the sense that we believe Jesus is Good News for all people. You can find out more about this network by perusing covchurch.org.
The Evangelical Covenant Church seeks to form and nurture communities that are deeply committed to Jesus Christ and passionately engage in Christ’s mission in the world.
Our essential beliefs are summed up in the Covenant Affirmations:
• We affirm the centrality of the word of God. The Bible is our standard and authority for all matters on faith and practice.
• We affirm the necessity of the new birth. We believe everyone is invited to have a living, vibrant, and personal relationship with Jesus.
• We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the church. We believe in both sharing our faith with others and demonstrating our faith through love, good deeds, and social concern.
• We affirm the church as a fellowship of believers. At its core, the church is the family of God.
• We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit. We strive to follow the Spirit’s leading in our lives and allow God’s Spirit to empower us to serve others.
• We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ. With the Bible as our basis, we allow much freedom and debate on issues that the church has historically disagreed on. We treat people who differ from us with kindness, understanding, and grace.